Effective date: August 1, 2020
Last updated date: May 25, 2023
Kids Privacy Assured by PRIVO: COPPA Safe Harbor Certification
MARIO Framework, LLC dba MARIO Education is a member of the PRIVO Kids Privacy Assured COPPA safe harbor certification Program (“the Program”). The Program certification applies to the digital properties listed on the certification page that is viewable by clicking on the PRIVO Seal. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online. The PRIVO COPPA safe harbor certification Seal posted on this page indicates MARIO Education has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected: Personal Data
While using our Service, we will ask you to provide personal information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). We request the following:
- Email address to send notifications and news.
- First name and last name to personalize notifications and news.
- School or Organization to personalize notifications and news.
- Job Role(s) to ensure best course fit
If you would like to review or delete your information or opt out of our services please contact us at email@example.com
We offer training support through a third-party, GoReact, which hosts videos made by educators of interaction with students in the classroom. If an educator registers for training that includes GoReact, no personally identifiable student information is included.We seek full verifiable parental consent for any students depicted in teaching videos. Videos on GoReact are deleted seven (7) days after an assignment is completed by an educator using the training service. No other personal information of a child is shared with GoReact. GoReact is not used directly on the www.marioframework.com website, but instead as part of the training course.
We automatically collect some data to operate our service.
Retention of Data
MARIO Education will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary to provide you with our Service. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data includes information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and unique device identifiers.
We collect location data on a country level.
MARIO Framework, LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is retained anonymously and includes no identifiable data. This Usage Data is kept to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service.
Third-Party Service Providers
We employ third-party companies to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Jetpack Jetpack is a web analytics service offered by Automattic that tracks and reports website traffic. Automattic uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service solely for our purpose.
For more information on the privacy practices of Automattic, please visit Automattic Privacy: https://automattic.com/privacy/
Tracking & Cookies Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. The Service uses generally accepted security measures and safeguards in an attempt to keep the data it collects secure and requires that the third parties it works with agree to do the same.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, MARIO Framework, LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
MARIO Education may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. MARIO Education aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where MARIO Framework, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Notice to California Residents
The Service does not collect or disclose personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. For further information about our privacy practices, or to review and request to have deleted any personal information you have shared with us, please contact us at: <insert email address>
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on https://www.marioframework.com or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.